Monday, July 06, 2009

Welcome Distractions

My bird theme continues! When I started for my usual run, distracted by thoughts of the dreaded packing, there on a lawn was a stunning goldfinch. Even though this is the NJ state bird, I seldom see them. The yellow on this particular bird was so bright, especially in contrast with the black markings. (Here's a picture, a little bit bigger than I would like, but I'm still learning how to navigate this blog. ) The bird looped around before taking off and definitely got me "in the moment". I think it was a male during breeding time, hence the beauty!
Does anyone else feel that you have to take care of every tiny detail before you travel? Even if you're only going for a short time? YIKES!

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/American_Goldfinch/id

Goldfinch-1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Just want to let you know that I'm thinking of you as you head out this morning!! Is BonVoyage acceptable when driving, I wonder???

    ReplyDelete